Friday, March 8, 2024

What's This?

This will be a short article where I explain the purpose of this blog and clarify what I want and do not want to do with every article or note post that I publish here.

1 Purpose

Originally, I intended this not to be a blog but a database where I store my philosophy notes for easy personal reference. But I soon realised how much I enjoyed writing, as well as how beneficial writing was to my own understanding of various concepts and arguments.

So, I started writing articles and expositions of my understanding of various different arguments and philosophies, and will continue to do so, along side my notes[which I want to focus on since my main goal now is learning].

2 Interests

I'm heavily interested in metaphysics, philosophy of mind and philosophy of religion, but don't mind dabbling in other areas of philosophy. Indeed, philosophy of religion usually ends up requiring one to go far beyond what they originally intended.

I also enjoy the general history of philosophy and seeing what we can learn from the thought of previous thinkers, whatever their philosophical views were. If I agree with them, then I will try to understand why. If I do not, then I will try to see if I can continue to reasonably do so.

3 Intention

It's also important for me to mention that I don't necessarily hold to everything that I write here. I'm willing to write about anything, even if I don't hold to that specific position.

For example, I just recently, as of the time that I am writing this article, finished writing articles about my understanding of the Argument from Composition. I plan to write some rebuttals to objections that I have heard that I don't think are successful, but I also plan to write some critiques of the argument. I also don't even necessarily think that the argument is successful.

4 Conclusion

This blog will be where I write articles about philosophical[and maybe theological] topics and keep my notes for books that I read, specifically books that advertise themselves as "textbooks".

I don't necessarily hold to the views that I write about as well, since I write about everything that I find interesting, so as to improve my own understanding of the views.

No comments:

Post a Comment